Whidbey Community Foundation is excited to announce it has granted $125,000 to 25 nonprofits from its 5th Annual Grant Cycle. Grants this year were focused on three categories: Child & Family Wellness, Food Insecurity, and Nonprofit Technology.
“This year, WCF focused on three grant programs. Through Child and Family Wellness, we are continuing our investment in the health and well-being of our youth and the families that support them. Through the Food Insecurity grant program, we are aiming to support community-based organizations and programs that are fighting food insecurity and providing access to nutritious food. And through the Technology Capacity Building grant program, we want to support Whidbey nonprofits with technology investments that help to expand their reach or impact” stated Jessie Gunn, Executive Director.
WCF awarded 25 grantees totaling $125,000 this year spanning all parts of Whidbey Island.
“WCF continues to work collaboratively with the donors and community-based organizations on Whidbey Island in a shared vision of a healthy, vibrant, and unified Whidbey Island community. We continue to respond to the effects of the pandemic, as well as other opportunities to advance the good work of our local nonprofits and community initiatives,” said Gunn.
Since grants were first awarded in 2017, Whidbey Community Foundation has provided 242 grants totaling over $1,000,000.
2022 Annual Grant Cycle Awardees:
Child & Family Wellness
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Island County
- Boy Scouts of America, Mount Baker Council
- Central Whidbey Cooperative Preschool
- Coupeville Historic Waterfront Association
- Mother Mentors Whidbey Island
- Oak Harbor Intermediate PTA 7.7.45
- Readiness to Learn
- Sno-Isle Libraries Foundation
- South Whidbey Parks & Recreation Foundation on behalf of Healthy Island Youth Initiative Scholarship Fund
- The Backyard Whidbey
- Toddler Learning Center
- Whidbey Homeless Coalition
- Whidbey Island Waldorf School
- Coupeville Farm to School
- Growing Veterans
- Island Senior Resources
- Oak Harbor Rotary Foundation
- South Whidbey Tilth Association
- Spin Cafe