We help make Whidbey nonprofits even better
Whidbey nonprofits help sustain our beautiful, vibrant Island. But it can be difficult for them to find the time and money to travel to Seattle or beyond for the training and assistance they need to stay up to date on new tactics and trends. In consultation with the organizations we support, the Foundation delivers specialized training that meets the unique needs of small to mid-size rural or small-town nonprofits. We envision helping charitable organizations in everything from executing best practices in financial management to developing a major gift strategy, honing their messages to producing fundraising events, evaluating and improving programs to recruiting board members and volunteers.
Calendar of Upcoming Trainings
*Please note that events listed below with an asterisk are subsidized for Whidbey nonprofits by WCF. Please contact the foundation for a discount code at email@example.com or 360-660-5041.
ONLINE: Designing Equity-Centered Organizational Values, hosted by Candid, Free
- Thursday, August 13, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
ONLINE: How Far Are You Willing to Go? Moving from Diversity & Inclusion to Anti-Oppression – hosted by Nonprofit Learning Lab, Free
- Monday, August 17, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
ONLINE: Intro to Lean Six Sigma for Nonprofit Organization, hosted by Nonprofit Learning Lab, Free
- Monday, August 24, 2020, 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
ONLINE: How to Create a Monthly Finance Routine, hosted by Nonprofit Learning Lab, Free
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m.
*ONLINE: Strategic Planning in Nonprofits – 3-part series presented by Washington Nonprofits and KRB Consulting, free for Whidbey nonprofits. Contact WCF for the discount code.
- Thursday, September 23, 2020, 10-11am
- Thursday, October 7, 2020, 10-11:30am
- Thursday, October 21, 2020, 10-11:30am
ONLINE: Transforming Nonprofits through Technology, hosted by Tech Forward, Free
- Tuesday, September 13, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
ONLINE: Introduction to Project Budgets, hosted by Candid, Free
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
ONLINE: Introduction to Fundraising Planning, hosted by Candid, Free
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
ONLINE: Introduction to Proposal Writing, hosted by Candid, Free
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
ONLINE: Introduction to Corporate Giving, hosted by Candid, Free
- Wednesday, December 9, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.