Apply for a grant
THE 2019 ONLINE GRANT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
If you have questions about the grant process, contact the Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 360-660-5041.
As the Foundation grows through investments and gifts from donors and businesses, we will establish a variety of funds to make financial grants to Whidbey Island nonprofits. Stay up to date on when and how we will solicit proposals and distribute grants! Sign up for our email list.
Grant Cycle 2019: Due to the generosity of local donors, the Whidbey Community Foundation will provide grants this year to Animal Welfare, Environment, and Human Services organizations. Criteria for applications are as follows:
- Animal Welfare proposals must act on and respond to the needs of animals in need on Whidbey Island.
- Environment proposals must act on and respond to the needs of the environment on Whidbey Island.
- Human Services proposals must act on and respond to the needs of people in need on Whidbey Island.
Grant applications for up to $5,000 within each category will be accepted through this website from August 5 – 31. Decisions are expected to be made by the Board of Directors at the October meeting, and grants distributed in November 2019. Short reports will be required of the grantees one year after grants are awarded.
Eligibility to Apply for Grants
Any organization that operates with a charitable status or for a charitable purpose on Whidbey Island is eligible to apply for a grant. They do not need to have a headquarters or physical presence on Whidbey, as long as services are provided here.
Whidbey Community Foundation does not award grants for the following ineligible organizations or purposes:
• Annual campaign appeals
• Political or lobbying activities
• Private operating foundations
• For-profit organizations
• Religious organizations for sacramental or theological purposes